Tuesday 28 May 2013

Dinner on thursday night

I made a lovely Bacon and Beef pasta bake on thursday night. I found the recipe on Best Recipes. I changed  it to work for me as we have a large family so I increased a few of the ingredients. It still turned out great and it was yummy. I always know if something turns out good if the kids eat it and there are no complaints. This recipe is how I made it using my changes.

Bacon and Beef pasta bake

2 tablespoons of oil
1 onion, finely chopped
2 teaspoons of minced garlic
8 bacon rashers, chopped
1.5 kg beef mince
1 x 680g Passata Sauce
1 x 810g finely chopped tomatoes
2 teaspoons beef stock
1 x 500g packet of frozen mixed vegetables
500g cooked pasta
300g grated tasty cheese
Salt and pepper to taste

Method

1. Preheat oven at 180°C.
2. Grease ovenproof dish.
3. Add mince, stirring occasionally until cooked and changes colour.
4. Add passata sauce, stock, vegetables, salt and pepper. Bring to the boil then simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Add cooked pasta. Stir to combine and pour into ovenproof dish.
6. Sprinkle the grated tasty cheese over the top.
7. Bake for 30-40 minutes until cheese has browned on top.



Here is a link to the original recipe Bacon and Beef pasta bake.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...