Thursday 30 May 2013

Muesli Cookies

I needed to make something else for the kids lunch boxes so I thought I might make some cookies. While I was at the supermarket walking down the cereal aisle I decided on making a cookie with muesli in it. Coles Natural Summer Fruits Muesli had a recipe on the back of its packet so I gave it a go. They were easy to make and turned out really good.


Muesli Cookies

Ingredients:
150g butter, softened
¾ cup raw sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 large egg
1¾ cups plain flour, sifted
½ teaspoon baking powder
1 cup Coles Summer Fruits Muesli
Raw sugar for sprinkling on top
Cinnamon for dusting (optional)

Prepare:
1. Preheat oven to 180°C conventional/160°C fan forced. Beat butter and sugar in a large bowl until fluffy. Beat in egg. Fold in flour, baking powder and muesli.

2. Roll generous tablespoons of mixture into balls. Place onto lined baking tray allowing space for spreading. Flatten slightly. Sprinkle with raw sugar. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden. Stand on tray for 2 minutes. Remove to a rack and cool.


I didn't use cinnamon for mine, the raw sugar was enough for me. Sometimes the kids don't like cinnamon unless it is mixed into the ingredients.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...