Monday 24 June 2013

Sunday morning craft with the kids

I decided to make Sunday morning a "no electronic games" time. That means no ipods, no playstation, no nintendo ds, no computer and no playing on mums ipad. During the week we have a rule that there is no playing on these devices. If you have homework then you are allowed on the computer. On Friday night and the weekend we let them play on their games but still limit the amount of time.

It has a been awhile since the kids and I have done some crafting activities so I thought I would try it out on Sunday morning. There are some great kids activities on Pinterest. I found one to get our Sunday morning craft time started. There were a few links to this activity so I will just put the link to the one I used which was
contact paper rose windows.


We traced a plate on some black paper. Try to not use a thick paper as it will be to hard to cut when folded. Once traced you can cut out the circle.


Next fold it in half then fold it in half again. If you can fold it again then go ahead but make sure that its not too thick so you won't be able to cut it.




You can start to cut out shapes on the folded sides. Get creative and cut some different size shapes!


Once your shapes are cut out then place your circle on a piece of contact and pat all around the circle so its on the contact nicely. I liked the idea of using the contact as it held down the pieces of paper quite well and there was no glue that needed to dry.



I made a pile of coloured tissue paper and some coloured cellophane. I just cut it in pieces and if the kids needed a smaller size they just used their scissors to make smaller pieces.


Once they had finished decorating their windows I put another piece of contact on the back where they had stuck all the paper. Then you cut around the circle and you are finished!



The kids really enjoyed making the windows that we made another one! All their fantastic coloured windows are proudly displayed on their bedroom windows. And it does look very nice when the sun shines through them. 


I hope to make the Sunday morning craft with the kids a regular activity and post it on my blog. There is a huge assortment of kids activities to choose from on Pinterest. I really enjoyed spending the time with them.
Already choosing what to do for this Sunday. Looking forward to the next Sunday craft!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...