Friday 28 June 2013

Yay, its Friday!

I finished my knitted dish cloth last night. I know I said that my goal was to finish it on Wednesday but after the kids came home its all on with unpacking school bags, getting homework done and starting dinner. Then after dinner its bath time, reading and getting ready for bed. That's our routine every night and my hubby and 
I focus on the kids and try not to do our stuff until kids are in bed. 
So Wednesday night, kids are in bed and I get my knitting out, hubby makes a cup of tea. We sit down to watch some TV together and before I know it its 9.30 pm and we are falling asleep on the couch. Oh crap, I'm just going to have to finish the dish cloth on Thursday. So that's what I did and here it is!



I really enjoyed knitting it and it was a very easy pattern to follow. Not bad for my first try, it has been along time since I have done any knitting. I also have some green wool (pictured with the dish cloth) which I will make another dish cloth out of that colour too. I am going to knit a few so I will have a pile of them in the linen cupboard. 
I have never used a knitted dish cloth before but after reading that Rhonda on Down to Earth uses them all the time I thought I would give them a go. I will let you know how it goes.

I am looking forward to the weekend. Making a cake tomorrow as my hubby's parents are coming to visit for afternoon tea. Sunday I am going to get out into the garden and fed the veggies that are growing in my veggie patch with some seaweed mix. The broccoli and Brussels sprout seedlings are getting taller but no sign of the actual veggie growth yet. Hopefully soon!

Hope you have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...